• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust To Avoid Seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeep444

Hello
I live in Missouri and at this time am being sued by a neighbor regarding easement problems. They have tried to gain control of the easement which they have across my property. They believe only they should have use of it and have made accusations against me and my family to try to scare us into "giving" it to them. My attorney calls it "legalized blackmail" and not to worry about the damages they are seeking. I am worried, however, about a levy against my property. A friend suggested creating a living trust in my name and placing the property in the name of the trust, as this would protect the property. Would this work? Thanks in advance for your help.

ALawyer

The living trust is really not a significant obstacle -- it is quite easily cut thru in most states.

Listen to your lawyer! Ask her or him before you act, as sometimes doing something may make matters worse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">