• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living trust recipients

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suen

my stepfather has survived my mother and they had a living trust set up prior to her death now he is dying and his two natural children and my brother and I, his two stepchildren, are named to share equally in the proceeds of the trust. can his natural children sue and be awarded all of the proceeds of the trust because they are blood relatives? he and my mother had a condo and sold it prior to her death three years ago. he now has all of his money in stocks and money market funds i think. originally, when they married, she brought money into the marriage and then she inherited some stock. he has a profit sharing plan payoff and they have the proceeds from their condo which they owned outright. my stepfather lives in california and i am living in texas.
thank you,
s

A

advisor10

12-31-2001

You really do need to consult with a local lawyer or the trust department of a bank to get an answer to your question.

It would be very difficult for them to sue based on the fact of being blood relatives. The trust is written very specifically to benefit only certain beneficiaries, and if their names are not there, they have virtually no basis at all to claim anything.

advisor

A

advisor10

1-2-2002

You may also want to check and see if a will exists also. If it does, there is a good chance that the other blood relatives may be mentioned in that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">