• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living trusts -- purchase from internet?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdb7766

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My wife and I have a Will, but are now considering a "living trust"

I see ad's on the internet for preparing a living trust for around $400. Does anyone recommend purchasing a living trust off the internet? OR, should I bite the bullet and pay a local lawer $1500+ to prepare it for me.

Thanks...........Gerry

J

JoeJ40

Joint Living Trust software

I created a trust document using Family Lawyer by Br0derbund and put it into affect and funded it several years ago. I had the banks legal aide look it over beforehand and he said it was more than sufficient.

Though I've posted a question about trusts (and think I have the answer) I can say I have been very satisfied and confident in doing this without using an attorney.

I should add there is a book titled "Understanding Living Trusts" by Vickie and Jim Schumacher that is very good on the subject. Got my copy at Barnes and Noble.

Last edited:
A

advicesucks

"do it yourself " trusts are penny wise and pound foolish. If the trust is never challenged, youll have no problems....but if it is...well lets just say you will have WISHED you had an atty draft it! thats when youll be spending the big $$$ on legal fees

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">