• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living will and will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsufk730

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Sorry if this is a dumb question, can I write up one will that includes living will? I have a will written and notarized, but I would like to add the living will. Do i write up another new will or what?

tranquility

That would not be the proper place for it. One is for when you're dead and the other is for when you are living. No one would look to your will to see your end-of-life treatment desires.

Better than a living will would be a health care power of attorney. It solves some additional problems (what happens if you are incapacitated) and you can accomplish what you need to do.

Don't forget a durable power of attorney also, in case you need someone to take care of your funds if you are incapacitated.

dsufk730

That would not be the proper place for it. One is for when you're dead and the other is for when you are living. No one would look to your will to see your end-of-life treatment desires.

Better than a living will would be a health care power of attorney. It solves some additional problems (what happens if you are incapacitated) and you can accomplish what you need to do.

Don't forget a durable power of attorney also, in case you need someone to take care of your funds if you are incapacitated.
Thanks for the quick reply. That shows how much I know...:confused:
Do I need to pay someone to setup a durable power of attorney or I can just buy a form from OfficeDepot?

tranquility

Many states have a statutory form, so I don't see why not.

However, there are a lot of things to think about in filling one out. An attorney may be well worth it if you value your time and want to make sure you accomplish all you need and want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">