• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan and inheritence??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kadince

Hi everyone, Im from Nebraska. My question is regarding barrowing off an inheritance before being able to actually claim it. My husbands grand father left him and his sister a certain amount of money which they will have to split after his grandfathers wife passes on, which she hasn't yet. But my husband is wanting or is trying to barrow against this inheritance, but I personally think he wont be able to for the simple fact that it is in his and his sister's name and his grandfathers wife is still very much alive. So can someone clear this up for me and tell me weather or not he is able to do this and if so will he be able to do it without his sister concent?

seniorjudge

Q: But my husband is wanting or is trying to barrow against this inheritance, but I personally think he wont be able to for the simple fact that it is in his and his sister's name and his grandfathers wife is still very much alive.

A: I think you are right; but there are a lot of fools with money to lend.

Betty

Since the grandfather's wife is still living, there is no "current" inheritance to borrow on.

kadince

Thank you both for your input, now if only my wonderful husband would actually listen to me :) and Thank you again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">