• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost document note for second trust deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanci

I sold my home 2 weeks ago in the state of Washington.
When I bought the home I borrowed 150,000 from my trust before offsets or disbursements were made for the down payment. A second trust deed was created until the note was paid. The trustee my brother did not reconvey when it was paid off and he has the note. The note was paid when the disbursements were made in l998. My brother will not sign the reconveyance nor will he cooperate in any way. Many family troubles because he was trustee. I have talked to attorney who finalized the estate he say he has no files available to him but remembers the transaction. But can't
help me. I must prove to the title co. that the note was paid. They claim that since it is in the state of Washington I need someone to indemnify if he will not cooperate or it was considered a lost note.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">