• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost item in will family mbr protesting probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linda0

What is the name of your state? illinois niece was left a ring by grandmother/we cannot find ring we thought she already received it as grandmother told myself her daughter/money in probate is being held up as neice will not release her claim. does she have a case. do i have to reimbursse some money value. the will was written in 1993/grandma died in 2006/ring has not been seen in years and was not with her valuables in the place she said it was a tin box

dmode101

What is the name of your state? illinois niece was left a ring by grandmother/we cannot find ring we thought she already received it as grandmother told myself her daughter/money in probate is being held up as neice will not release her claim. does she have a case. do i have to reimbursse some money value. the will was written in 1993/grandma died in 2006/ring has not been seen in years and was not with her valuables in the place she said it was a tin box
If you can't settle amongst yourselves, you should consider bringing this matter in front of the probate judge for determination. If the gift was a simple specific gift of property and the property is not part of the estate, then this would be extinction by ademption and niece would not be entitled to anything. But you may need to bring this in front of the judge to get a finding to that effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">