• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mean father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yvonne D

My adopted mother who adopted me since 5yrs old has passed away 6 mos. ago without a will. I am currently in full-time university. She supported me in school financially prior to her death. My adopted father who I & my 16 yr old brother never got along with has taken all her money, including jewelleries which belonged to me (she written that all jewelleries belong to me on a tiny piece of paper. After her death, my adopted father and I never talked. He gave me no money either. And if we do talk, its always and argument. He plans to sell the house we're living in during 2001. He plans to move really far away. We need to live closer to school for our convenience. My little brother and I will have to move to an apartment closer to our school. But I don't have the money. What i want to know is that if he does sell the house am I entitle to some of the money due to my situation? Can i sue him if he doesn't give me any money When he sells the house. Can mediator help me as well? what are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">