• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanics lein

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EllensQtip

What is the name of your state? Can the mechanic put a lein on the vehicles for unpaid services and take the vehicles away from myself or the daughters of the deceased?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

EllensQtip said:
What is the name of your state? Can the mechanic put a lein on the vehicles for unpaid services and take the vehicles away from myself or the daughters of the deceased?
My response:

Why are you starting another thread?

Put this in your other thread by clicking on the reply button in that thread. Remember to say "thank you".

IAAL

EllensQtip

I appologize Iaal

I do apologize, I have never heard of this website until tonight. Thank you for your insight and help I do appreciate your help. My Question again is....Can the Mechanic put a lein on the vehicles for the work that he has done on them without payment?

Again, Thanks for all your insight.
Mike

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay, I'll just go with the flow, as it were, and simply answer your question here, rather than in your other post where all the background information can be found about your situation.

The answer concerning the "mechanic's lien" is yes. Or he can take possession of the vehicle, and file a lawsuit to foreclose the lien, thus obtaining an order from the court to sell the vehicle(s) to pay for his services, and costs and fees of court. If there's anything left over, that balance is then paid to the daughters.

I hope those girls realize that they can't register the cars, and they can't get insurance on the cars. That's because the cars don't belong to them. Until there's a Probate action, and court orders received giving the girls ownership, then they are driving illegally - - thus, placing themselves and the Estate in financial danger.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">