• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ishopfreeadvice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My father passed away in April 2009. What is the statute of limitations for Medicare claims? How long do I need to wait to make sure all hospital bills have been submitted and processed through Medicare? I'm holding on to beneficiaries' distributions in our family Trust wanting to make sure that if there are outstanding hospital costs, that we have the money to pay. So far, from what I can tell from statements, $140,000 has been billed by the hospital and only $35,000 has been paid by Medicare. I've hit a brick wall with Medicare releasing any information to me.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Kiawah

I don't know legally what it is, but I just received a copy of medical bill today. This was just recently processed by Medicaire and secondary insurance co, with date of service August of 2008. This is for my now deceased MIL from PA.

So I'd guess it's at least 18 months or more, If Illinois is similar to PA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">