• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing father, possibly dead, what next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jt_oconnor

It has been four months since I have been in contact with my father, who travelled and did private business. None of his business contacts or personal contacts admit to having seen him for weeks before he stopped calling me. I fear the worst, what can I do? I have no idea where he might have been when and if he died, and if he is dead, how can I find out? And if he is, what about legal issues and his bank accounts and whatever property he owned? We were close, but he kept his life very secret from me. How can I find anything to track him down or find out what has happened to him?

ALawyer

Have you reported this to the police?

This is something that a private investigator can help you with. Often they can find out lots in a few days for you.....l

J

jt_oconnor

I haven't filed a police report since I'm not sure where his last known whereabouts are, nor am I even sure which state he was a legal resident of. How much does a private investigator cost in a situation like this? I just have no idea how to carry on about this matter, and I've exhausted my own options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">