• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Treasury Bonds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rannan3

What is the name of your state?
CA, My question concerns missing Treasury bonds. My wife, who died last Fall, was a state employee. She was having bonds automatically taken out of her salary. She kept very good records of all of them, until she developed a brain tumor. From that time on things were so hectic, plus we had a house fire & lost a lot of records, now I need to figure out how to trace her bonds. Would going through her place of employment be the first step ? Thanks in advance.

JETX

Since these were federally issued T-bonds, the executor of her estate could contact the Treasury Dept and they can find the issued bonds using her name and SSN.

R

Rannan3

Thanks so much, my mind has been on overload & having a place to start helps tremendously !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">