• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

damnyank66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma.
My mother and my father seperated in 1967 and my dad moved to Ca.
My father remarried a woman who had said she would set up a trust for my kids future,she had alot of money not him,they lived in Ca. She died before he did then after he died everything in his will went to my uncle,i never met my dad.
The thing i am trying to locate is the trust that she had set up for my kids.I don't know where to look.Can anyone help me?
My father died in 1998.

Dandy Don

Find out where she died and look at the county courthouse probate court to see if she had an estate that was probated. If she did, you can look in there to see who executor was and how the estate was handled. But she may not have had probate done if all her assets were put in trust.

Don't get your hopes up of receiving anything. If you had been named as a beneficiary in a trust, the trustee would have notified you by now to get your SSN and address information.

She most likely did not set one up. So sorry.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">