• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Mistake was made

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpavon

Wyoming
my grandfather pasted away in may 2001. his will has been in process ever since. in July we received a copy of the will listing all assets. listed was $53000.00 CD account. in early december we received a letter from the attorney showing the final accounting of the assets, with a court stamp and inititials, still showing $53000.00 in CD's. we received a call from the attorney yesterday informing us the total on the CD in $35000.00 not $53000.00. this is after the will has gone through probate and he was attempting to release funds when he found the mistake.

my question is how could this mistake get through the court and why did'nt the attorney verify the all the assets of the estate? is he required to verify these assets? do I, as a heir, have a right to demand bank records from may of 2001, the month my grandfather died, to make sure no withdrawls were made.

ALawyer

You asked this twice and someone else gave you a good answer. Mistakes happen. And even lawyers and judges make them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">