• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom being financially abused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennifercl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My mom has these new friends that she met of the internet. She has not known them 4 months. She has added on of them to her bank account and my sister walked in on a conversion with the son about how my mom was going to put his name on her annuities. She has gone thru 5 rounds of chemo and her next door neighbor of 40 years is afraid of her now. She is not acting like our mom. We have changed out plans to be with her at this time and she thinks family is bad and strangers are good.

We are talking about conservator ship, but I don't have the money to do that.

When my mom has passes , it there any way to contest that these boso's have financially abused her because to her diminished capacity?

I have read that annuity beneficaries cannot be contested. Is this true?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can't afford an attorney now...how do you expect to afford one for a later contest?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let me be clear on where I'm going. You can't afford to help mom NOW, but you plan to make sure that you get her money when she's gone.

jennifercl

i am waiting for a backpayment

That I should be getting in the next 2 months. So**************...I can't afford it now as things are a bit tight. But I will be able to afford it when I get paid. I want to know the answer before I waste any more thought on this.

Again**************...my question is**************..... can I contest the beneficairy of an annuity.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an answer.

I see that I can get her bank fined for adding that bozo to her account.

anteater

can I contest the beneficairy of an annuity.
Of course you can. But if you "...have read that annuity beneficaries cannot be contested", then I must be wrong.

I see that I can get her bank fined for adding that bozo to her account.
Is this some California thing? Account holders are not allowed to add co-owners to their accounts?

jennifercl

bank resposibities

They are required in california to report senior financial abuse or face a 5000 dollar fine. This banker was a trussted person. It is upsetting that she would let thus happen and not report it

jennifercl

I know where I am spending my money

On a damn good lawyer to fight these *******s. I will leave no stone unturned. They have a lot more to lose than I do.

First, I don't think any of them have any money to go to court. Second, if I lose**************.... my money is judgment proof to everyone except the IRS, so I would not have to pay their legal fees.

As soon as I get my money it is go time****************************..... Get ready for nothing like you have ever seen you freaking bozo's.

And thank you all for trying on this page. I guess this question was too hard for everyone.

jennifercl

The too hard of a question is

Is the beneficiary of an annuity uncontestable.

There is no will and there is not trust.

Thanks everyone.

jennifercl

I guess it doesn't matter anyway because I don't really see any answers

I'm taking these bozo's to court. End of story.

jennifercl

Thank you for your help

Hi,

Thanks for the answer to my question.

I want to get all my ducks in a row in the meantime while I wait on my backpayment.

anteater

And in the time that you've have spent here today calling them names, you could have:

- Gone to the bank to speak with management
- Contacted Adult Protective Services
- Contacted law enforcement

Quack... quack... quack...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">