• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom died and her will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlindsey41

Oklahoma, Mom my died and we found an old will leaving my sister as her legal guardian. Since this will was issued my sister died 18 months ago and my niece as named to succeed my sister. Since my sisters death my niece has and is having mental issues and is currently taking 9 medications and can not drive due to taking those medications. What can I do legally to have her removed from this role in the will. She has already tried to pass off a fake will to the family.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

guardian?

a guardian is a person charged with taking care of a person while they are alive. Once deceased, an executor or personal representative is who deals with the estate. If you believe the person is not capable of handling the estate properly, you challenge their appointment in probate court.

Has anybody actually opened probate for the estate? If not, somebody would need to do so. The appointment in the will must be approved by the courts. That is when you would challenge the appointment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">