• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom needs to know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

answersplse

hi i'm from texas;
my mom is one of 9 children. 7 boys and 2 girls. one of his sons was appointed independant executor and was also listed as one of the 5 trustees in the will. no mention was made in the will to the other 4 sons. the will states "my daughters shall have preferental rights to live in the house constituting part of the trust property "without being required to make rental payments so long as they remain unmarried. now the independant executor went and had his name put on the deed to the house saying he added exl which ment (and others)
my mom has lived in this house prior to and after my grandfathers death. she's paying the taxes,ins.,upkeep.as per the will. now the other trustees are accusing her of having changed the will cause she had her name put on the house to recieve tax and ins relilef she's 74 yrs old. did she do anything wrong. mom has also allowed the sister in calif.to take the taxes mom paid on the house on her income tax. is this legal?:mad:

ALawyer

This story is FAR too confusing to attempt to answer. And a lawyer in Texas really would have yo look at the paperwork. Folks just can't "put their name on" a house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">