• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom wants to disinherit stepdad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angiediggm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Pennsylvania My mother is in bad shape If my mother passed away and left a will disinheriting my stepfather who left when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer what can I do to make sure he gets nothing as per her wishes. Or what steps can I take now to ensure he gets nothing. Keep in mind he is uncooperative and won't even answer a call.. She only has a piece of land in her name only purchased before the marraige and a double wide mobile home in her name on the land they just purched last year due to a fire destroying the previous home that was originally there. She also owns a vehicle in her name only can she will that to a specified beneficiary? They now longer live on land in question but have a apartment they rented together before he left. And if he is willing to sign a quit claim if the will isn't good enough how do I go about that?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Pennsylvania My mother is in bad shape If my mother passed away and left a will disinheriting my stepfather who left when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer what can I do to make sure he gets nothing as per her wishes. Or what steps can I take now to ensure he gets nothing. Keep in mind he is uncooperative and won't even answer a call.. She only has a piece of land in her name only purchased before the marraige and a double wide mobile home in her name on the land they just purched last year due to a fire destroying the previous home that was originally there. She also owns a vehicle in her name only can she will that to a specified beneficiary? They now longer live on land in question but have a apartment they rented together before he left. And if he is willing to sign a quit claim if the will isn't good enough how do I go about that?
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/pennsylvania-make-will-31750.html

According to this site, her husband is entitled to 1/3. http://klenklaw.com/faq-for-pa

You can't write her will for her, but you can help her get proper legal help.

(I have no connection to any website info I provide as helpful info.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">