• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brucec2

What is the name of your state? SC CAN I PUT MY MONEY IN A TRUST SO MY WIFE CANNOT GET IT EVEN IF WE ARE GETTING A DIVORCE

tranquility

The only way you could put money in a trust so that your wife could not get at it in a divorce is to word the trust in a way that *you* could not get at it either. Even then, if the intent was to defraud (Like giving it to your mother, wink, wink with the agreement she will give it back later.) the wife would be able to get ahold of it. And, the court may do things you won't like as punnishment.

nextwife

Basically, you can put your PREMARITAL, non-comingled, always seperate, money anywhere you wish. Same with money you inherited that was not comingled into marital accounts.

Your marital assets, however are subject to property division and you cannot hide it away. That would be money earned and saved during the marraige.

untilzen

Yes. There is an outfit in Reno Nevada that has safety deposit boxes that a secured against anyone, even the IRS, from getting access too. You can call the local radio station, KKOH, and ask them, it is one of their sponsors. I don't know about putting into a trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">