• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Perez78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was left money by my god father. He had taken my mom to his lawyer many years ago. She was then given 3 age decisions to which I'd start receiving the money. The options were 16, 18, or 21. My mom doesn't remember if she chose 18 or 21, but considering I'll be 20 this year she thinks she may have chosen 21, but isn't quite sure. All my mom remembers is the city she had went to in order to meet with my god fathers lawyer. It was about 18 in a half years ago that my god father had taken my mom to his lawyer. My god father passed away about 16 in a half years ago, but all the paper work was done and finalized about 18 in a half years ago. My mom had to provide my birth certificate along with the rest of my information. They then talked payment plans and finalized it. My question is. How would I go about checking up on this? Thank you!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was left money by my god father. He had taken my mom to his lawyer many years ago. She was then given 3 age decisions to which I'd start receiving the money. The options were 16, 18, or 21. My mom doesn't remember if she chose 18 or 21, but considering I'll be 20 this year she thinks she may have chosen 21, but isn't quite sure. All my mom remembers is the city she had went to in order to meet with my god fathers lawyer. It was about 18 in a half years ago that my god father had taken my mom to his lawyer. My god father passed away about 16 in a half years ago, but all the paper work was done and finalized about 18 in a half years ago. My mom had to provide my birth certificate along with the rest of my information. They then talked payment plans and finalized it. My question is. How would I go about checking up on this? Thank you!
You might try to contact the probate court in the county in which your godfather died.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">