• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother died no will step-father taking all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rhonda

Subject: mother died no will step-father taking all

Two years ago, my mother died without leaving a will. My step father has since given away her car, cashed in insurance policies totaling over $500,000, and is still holding a checking account in her name. I have been living in the house they resided in together, because he married 45 days after her death, over a year. I sold my house to leave here after he begged me to do so. He is now wanting to sell the house . I live in Texas and am wondering now what I can do about what is left of her estate. Am I entitled to any of this house ? I have paid the property tax the past two years also. Thank you !

C

Coach

Subject: RE: mother died no will step-father taking all

Lady, you'd better get a lawyer. FAST.

You may be entitled to a large part of her estate. The surving spouse does NOT get everything. But it all depends on the nature of the property and how it was held.

L

Linda C

Subject: RE: mother died no will step-father taking all

You should have gotten a lawyer right away. You should
still get one. My father passed away and before my mother
could even touch the assests they acquired together. My
2 sisters and myself had to sign off. It may be criminal
what he is doing. I would go to an attorney right away.
As far as I know you should be entitled to 1/2 her assets.
Usually lawyers give a first consultation free. He may have
committed a criminal act. I would seek legal advise.

sharitz

Dubious person

Your stepfather e-married 45 days after your mother died and there was over $500K in insurance? I would be suspicious.

BlondiePB

sharitz said:
Your stepfather e-married 45 days after your mother died and there was over $500K in insurance? I would be suspicious.
Why are you bringing up old threads, sharitz? These posters are long gone. This thread is almost 6 years old.

rmet4nzkx

BlondiePB said:
Why are you bringing up old threads, sharitz? These posters are long gone. This thread is almost 6 years old.
Also it appears to have been a troll attack anyway, look at the times and the style of the posters who are all now guests :rolleyes:

BlondiePB

rmet4nzkx said:
Also it appears to have been a troll attack anyway, look at the times and the style of the posters who are all now guests :rolleyes:
Guests etc. was noticed. It's really something that threads as old as this would be brought up. :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

BlondiePB said:
Guests etc. was noticed. It's really something that threads as old as this would be brought up. :rolleyes:
They took on Jetx yesterday and failed maybe it was a meltdown?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">