• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother was in fake marriage. Husband wants everything.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bgatanis1231

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My mother met a man a little over a year ago. The man and my mother got married under fake pretenses with a fake witness signature which was supposed to be my brother Mike's signature. (He is willing to testify). Also, more importantly, my mother was never divorced from her previous marriage. How she obtained her marriage certificate is very odd. Anyway, she and this guy got married only after three months of knowing each other. The guy was very controlling and beat her all the time along with yelled at her and told her what to do. After she passed just a week ago my brothers and I went to her trailer which is only in her name and took the title which was handed over by her (fake) husband. The title was signed by both of them but was never registered. What my brothers and I are trying to do now is get the freeloader kicked out of the trailer so that we will own it and do what is right for it. The (fake) husband only went for a free ride and never worked more then a week as long as they were together. She paid for everything. We all loved my mother more than anything in this world. The husband did not even shed a tear. What type of advice is there to get this guy out of the trailer without resulting to violence and threatening.

Dandy Don

Does she have any other assets that need to be probated?

Consult an attorney to find out if the title gives him actual rights or not. If not, then consult a landlord-tenant law attorney to find out the proper steps to evict someone legally with proper notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">