• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother in laws will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pam_purred

My mother in law has made out her will were half of her house will go to her son (my husband) the other to her daughter and we are from the state of Massachusetts. The daugher has been living with my mother in law for many years and she could not support this house on her own without my husbands help. At the lawyers office she told him that a friend suggested she go under the homestead act. Could you please tell me if this is a good idea and will my husband be hurt by it in anyway? The family also wants me to sign a paper saying that i want nothing to do with the house should my husband pass away because we own three houses already and there is no reason for me to be involved with this one. Thank you so much for the help .... pam_purred

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">