• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother leaving home to convicted felon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetrevalation

I live in North Carolina, I am a convicted felon, Class H felony. Convicted 2006. Was released early from probation, served no jail time. My mother is planning out her will and wants me to be the executor of her estate. I know that felons cannot do that. So what steps can be made to get the house and everything in it left to me. She put it in my hands because she doesn't know what to do. I am not a bad person, but I know this is part of my punishment for what I did. That house means the world to me and there are some greedy people in my family, is there any options I have to ensure that nobody can take it from me? Please help..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

Just because you can't be executor of the estate does not mean that she can't bequeath the house. She needs to execute a will specifying that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">