• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother Passed - Sell of Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fsgordy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS

My mother recently passed away. I am the executor. We are going to sell her home and I wanted to know what the next step. I understand that her home will now become the property of "the estate of -----" but what does that mean when we try to sell it?

Our mother had in her will that if one of the siblings wanted to but it she put in a fixed price that is approximately 1/2 the appraised value. One sibling is going to buy it. I would assume that it would be treated the same as a sell to anyone.

Thank you for your time,
Fred GordyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

You become executor when the probate court gives you that designation. The transactions you are suggesting most likely will not be possible until this goes through the probate process. You will have great difficulty (or perhaps impossible) in getting a title change without the probate process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">