• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother passes away leaving no will and 2 children behind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feeling hopeless

My mother passes away 5 months ago leaving no will. She was married to my step father who now since we have no contact because he has made sexual advances to myself and my sister who is minor. My family has told us to stay away from him. But he holds my mother's belongings. My aunt has tried to make contact w/ him, but his response is I will call you when I get a free minute. That was 3 months ago. All we want are the belongings that my mother had when she was married to our father. There really is no actual dollar amount that these items are worth, but sentimental. She had no house, assets or anything like that so I don't see why we can't get things that mean alot to us. Please help I don't know what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">