• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my aunt wasting away my money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessawood

My grandmother passed away due to a medication error. A lawsuit was created and my Aunt was at the head of it. She won. My brother, sister, and I were to receive a total of $66,000 each, in thirds starting at 25, again at 30, and then at 35. Also, I was molested by my father as a child (aunt's brother) and he was to not receive any of the money. Long story short, a lot of the money seems to be missing, we are not given statements as the paperwork says we can, and this aunt has my father living with her. I need to know if there is anything that I can do in order to make sure I am getting what I am supposed to be getting and that none of it is going to my father.

I can give more information as we go along.

Thanks!

Jessica

Just Blue

My grandmother passed away due to a medication error. A lawsuit was created and my Aunt was at the head of it. She won. My brother, sister, and I were to receive a total of $66,000 each, in thirds starting at 25, again at 30, and then at 35. Also, I was molested by my father as a child (aunt's brother) and he was to not receive any of the money. Long story short, a lot of the money seems to be missing, we are not given statements as the paperwork says we can, and this aunt has my father living with her. I need to know if there is anything that I can do in order to make sure I am getting what I am supposed to be getting and that none of it is going to my father.

I can give more information as we go along.

Thanks!

Jessica
US Law Only

Eekamouse

Did your grandmother have a will that specifically excluded your father from receiving any of this money? Don't see how that can be since the money came from a lawsuit which was filed AFTER your grandmother passed away.

jessawood

I know money is missing for a few reasons. I received my first payout of my $66,000 when I was 25 in the amount of $17,000. I opted out of my 30 year. However, I called my aunt and asked what my remainder is, in order to determine where I will stand in 5 years when I want to buy a house. She told me I have $7,000. She had also said the money was in the money market and, from what I understand, with such a small amount, it is not able to lose principal.

Also, the judge who gave the order put the stipulation of my birth father not receiving any of the money. It was not something determined without written proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">