• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My executor is going off the deep end

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tybabymom

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. What can be done when a brother is the executor of my mom's will, and he is doing his darndest to get all the money from the sale of her home for himself? the will states her home is to be sold and split in 3 equal shares between me, my sister and brother, hes telling me he gets 10% for being executor, yet its not in my moms will, then he tried to get the police at my moms home because I wanted to keep a sofa there because I have been living there since 2005, he took it away from me and threw it out saying the home has to be cleared of everything to sell it, yet he doesn't take any of his things out, he intends to store his things there which is alot, it takes up all of my moms basement and garage, the police told him he can't do what he was doing but he did it anyway, I still live there and now have nothing to sit on. Plus the home is old and was in need of repair, which I have been doing all by myself, he has only done a little painting, he said to me and my husband that because I did so much he was going to split the 10% with me 50/50, I can't beleive him after what he just did to me and when my dad passed away, he did the same thing back then, there was no will, my dad only left 15,000.00 my brother took it all, and with the last pay check which was about 1,800.00, he lied to me and my sister saying he was going to split it 3 ways, yet didn't, he said he lost his job because he took off days to go to the funeral in texas so he was intitled, he was not executor or anything. HELP what can be done to protect me and my sister from this selfish NO GOOD brother. If we had to take all our things out of the house doesn't he too? And can he force me to leave my mothers house, when she told law enforcement I could live there?

BlondiePB

what can be done to protect me and my sister from this selfish NO GOOD brother.
You and your sister can hire your own attorney.
And can he force me to leave my mothers house, when she told law enforcement I could live there?
He can legally evict you. Futhermore, an executor is entitled to be paid. You'll find how much in your state statutes.

Dandy Don

What year did your father die? Have your attorney look at your father's probate file to see if there is any executor misconduct regarding that estate, and if a statute of limitations has not expired yet your attorney may be able to take action.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">