• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Father Asked Me About A Will...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Today while shopping with my father, he asked me how he would go about making a will.

He has talked about it for the last few years, but hasn't seemed serious about it, and now he seems as if it is what he wants to do.

The problem is, is that I don't know where to start finding information creating a will, and he certainly does not have the finances to see an attorney.

Is there any advice out there for where we should start?

Any replies are greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
~ Kari ~

Dandy Don

Do you have any idea about the value of his estate?

If it is just for a couple of thousand dollars in value, he can create his own will by checking out a library book or getting a book from a bookstore. If his estate is substantial, over $10,000, then he needs to consult an attorney to make sure his will meets with the legal specifications of his state. To not do that would be foolish, and attorney fees for wills are very reasonable.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">