+ Reply to Thread
    MsTra08 is offline Junior Member

My father just passed away and I don't know if I am in his will what can I do?

I live in California and I need to know, can I sue to get some money from my deceased fathers estate? My father was married for 48 years and they had 2 children between them, however, he cheated on his wife with my mother and I was born. He has always been in my life. However, I don't think that my half siblings know about me. I really don't know. Our father recently died unexpectedly on March 5, 2011. My father used to always say that I would be taken care of if anything happened to him. I don't know who to contact but I am interested in finding out my rights, or if I have any.
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTra08 View Post
    I live in California and I need to know, can I sue to get some money from my deceased fathers estate? My father was married for 48 years and they had 2 children between them, however, he cheated on his wife with my mother and I was born. He has always been in my life. However, I don't think that my half siblings know about me. I really don't know. Our father recently died unexpectedly on March 5, 2011. My father used to always say that I would be taken care of if anything happened to him. I don't know who to contact but I am interested in finding out my rights, or if I have any.
    If your father named you as a beneficiary in his will you will be notified by the attorney.
    Iwonder? is offline Member
    Sorry for your loss. If you have been in his life he most likely has your address, location, etc.

The Estate will contact you, it takes time, what has it been 14 days? Were you invited to his funeral?