• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bikengrl

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I live in my grandparents house. My grandfather passed away in 86. He willed 1/2 the house to his 3 kids. He willed 1/2 to my grandmother to use until she dies then the 3 children get the whole house. My grandmother decided she wanted me to have the house so she donated her half to me and my mother donated her 1/3 of one half to me. The other 2/3s of a half are still willed to my aunt and uncle. My uncle hasn't contacted his mother in years (by his choice) I've lived here in this house half my life. I am the sole occupant now. When my grandmother passes away can my uncle force me to sell the whole house just to get his 1/12th of what it's worth? Last appraised at 24,000. I can not afford to buy him out nor will I move.
Connie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">