• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights as heir

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hghvlt02

What is the name of your state? maryland Can the personal representative to my fathers will sell my fathers home to the reps son without the consent of my sister or me?The will states that if the rep or his son want to purchase the home at market value they have the first option to buy the home ,and we have to hold the deed for a max of 30 yrs. can he sell the home to his son or himself for less than the fair market value ??Also do we have to hold the deed to the house as stated in the will . ?

handmeDN

hghvlt02 said:
What is the name of your state? maryland Can the personal representative to my fathers will sell my fathers home to the reps son without the consent of my sister or me?The will states that if the rep or his son want to purchase the home at market value they have the first option to buy the home ,and we have to hold the deed for a max of 30 yrs. can he sell the home to his son or himself for less than the fair market value ??Also do we have to hold the deed to the house as stated in the will . ?
1st has the will been probated? If not then I would maybe seek legal advise before the sale of the house!

If the will was probated and the will reads like you said then, They do have 1st option to the purchase @ FAIR MARKET VALUE, not less. handmeDN

H

hghvlt02

probate

the will is still in register of wills , nothing has become final yet , they were wanting me to sell the house for what was left on the motgage but the heirs (me and my sister) have not even been allowed in the home to retrieve any personal effects and i told them no i wouldnt give up house untill we were allowed to clean it out , we were left everything. also my aunt gave my father a tractor , now the personal rep is trying to get the tractor from my aunt , and said he made a deal with them for it , as far as i know my aunt gave it to my father , what right does my aunt have to now give it away??? is that legal ???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">