• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Answers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RACEGIRL

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
MY MOTHER HAD A LIVING TRUST AND MY SISTER AND I ARE TO BE THE SUCCESSOR
TRUSTEES. WE ARE BOTH BENEFICARIES AT 50% EACH.
WELL, I NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
1. DO YOU HAVE TO BE A US CITIZEN TO BE A TRUSTEE?
2. WHAT IF ONE OF THE TRUSTEE'S IS INCARCERATED AND REFUSES TO RESIGN AS
TRUSTEE?
3. WHAT HAPPENS IF THE TRUSTEE THAT IS INCARCERATED HAS THE POSSIBILITY
OF BEING DEPORTED AND NEVER TO BE ADMITTED IN TO THE US AGAIN?
4. IS THERE A WAY TO REMOVE A TRUSTEE WITHOUT GETTING A RESIGNATION FROM
THEM?
ANY INPUT ABOUT THESE QUESTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX

RACEGIRL

Dandy Don

Is the trustee related to you?

Has your mother died? If so, what year did the death occur?

What is the value of the trust? Is there a will being probated or were all assets put into the trust? Have you received anything from the trust yet and have you received a copy of the trust?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

RACEGIRL

related yes!

She is my sister. My mom died 12/04/05.
Yes, I have received some of the assets but there are some that are
being held up due to my sister being the beneficiary. My mom had a living trust,
which she didn't really bother to read, other than that she put the house in the trust,
one of her annuities, 2 bank accounts(which she closed a few days prior to going
into the hospital for surgery) and she hand wrote a letter stating that $ was to be put into savings accounts for all 4 grandchildren. The rest of the estate, should have been put into via the pour over will, but I keep hitting a wall with the other banks and annuities companies. since there is a trust the estate isn't in probate.
Do you know if you are named as a trustee do you have to be a us citizen?
and can you be a trustee and a felon? who may be deported? what about foreign accounts? do they pour over also or is that totally different?

please let me know?

racegirl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">