• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need an attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband & I have talked about establishing a living will (i.e. pull the plug if i'm brain dead). Is this something we can draft ourselves, or do we need an attorney? I've heard that we need to be extremely specific. With the Schiavo case in Florida (i think that's where it is), I don't want to worry about that happening with us.

Thanks.

S

seniorjudge

newlywed03 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My husband & I have talked about establishing a living will (i.e. pull the plug if i'm brain dead). Is this something we can draft ourselves, or do we need an attorney? I've heard that we need to be extremely specific. With the Schiavo case in Florida (i think that's where it is), I don't want to worry about that happening with us.

Thanks.
Get an attorney to do this estate planning for you, plus a will, financial power of attorney, trust, whatever he thinks would be helpful or necessary in your case. This is not a DIY even though some state bars offer forms for doing some of this stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">