• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help filling out quitclaim deed in ca

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kicol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I would like to quitclaim my house to my wife our property is located in orange county California the deed of trust is currenty held as joint tenents when i fill out the quitclaim deed
do i need to put both our names on just like it is on the deed of trust or since i am the one transfering it to my wife do i just put my name on the quitclaim deed?

example

For Valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged. the undersigned

John Doe and Jane Doe husband and wife as joint tenants

Hereby remise release and quitclaim to Jane Doe a married women as her sole and seperate property

would this be correct ?

Thanks in Advance
Jay C.

justalayman

here is a form from the Sacramento County Public Law Library.

http://www.saclaw.lib.ca.us/Uploads/files/forms/QuitclaimDeed.pdf

You would be the grantor, or person transferring some form of interest in the property to your wife as the grantee.

I hope you know what you are doing. Once you give her the deed, there is no undoing it. The fact there is a deed of trust currently would mean you owe money on the property. Transferring your interest to your wife will not relieve you from owing that debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">