• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with WillMaker Plus 2008

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brucemac22

What is the name of your state? California.
I tried to post earlier today and I can't find it so I'll try again.
Does anyone have Quicken's WillMaker Plus 2008? I need help understanding language on page 228. The first paragraph of that page seems to restrict the distribution of the trust property on the death of the second spouse to die to property other than the community property that the second spouse to die inherited from the first spouse to die. In other words the very first paragraph on that page says the trustee will distribute specific types of trust property "as follows" but that paragraph does not include the community property the second spouse to die inherited from the first spouse to die, i.e. the share of the property on Schedule A owned by the first spouse to die at the time it was transferred to the trustee.
This seems to conflict with the language in paragraphs 11A 1-3 which refer to all of the second spouse to die's interest in specified items of property.
Can anyone explain this?
Thanks, Bruce

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">