• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need info on how trust distributes to beneficiaries?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmcelroy1021

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts- my mother in law is listed as one of the beneficiaries of an estate. There were 3 children listed and she is the last living one. Mind you the attorney who was assigned as trustee hasn't given her ANY info regarding the trust and it's been 7 years since her mother (who left the trust) passed away. She has just recently gotten in touch with the trustee and he is now finally looking into selling the property since no one is living there. One of the beneficiaries listed was my mother-in-laws brother
who is deceased. The trustee is stating that my mother in law would not get the full trust amount but it would be split between her and her brothers children who cannot be found. (It's been 7 years looking for them with no result) does anyone know about Massachusetts state laws on how this proceeds? Once we get a copy of the trust is a clause we should look out for stating that the trust should be split and go to descendants of the beneficiaries? What is the time frames to look for beneficiaries before she can recieve the full trust?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">