• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice on a executer's job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evilfirefly

What is the name of your state? florida

my wife's gramother past away this past january her gramother lived in council bluffs, iowa. this is the first time we had to deal with a death in the family. my mother in law decided to be the executer in this matter. the plan is to take the money that was left behing and split it 3 ways. my wife, mother in law and my wifes uncle. this is what i'm having trouble with her mother told us that she will be the executer in the case but never told us she was taken a fee. she sends us a print copy of what bills were paid and what money she took out of her pocket to pay like meds and etc.. so can you help me with these questions

1. if she is getting some of the money does she also collects a fee for being a executor? if so does she have to have that in writing for my wife and her uncle?
2. can we ask for a receipt of the out of pocket money that she said went to medication and cermanics? if no proof then what can i do?
3. does a executer mean someone who is in a will or not?
i'm trying not to be black ball my mother in law. my wifes grandmother took care of wife since the age of 4 till my wife moved on her at 19yrs old. now there is money involed my mother in law wants dibs. thanks for your help:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">