• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My Grandmother passed away last summer she had a will and she told many people that my 1/2 sister and I are the only people in the will. She did not own a home or land she had lived with my father and step mother for 8 yrs or so. I asked my father about the will and he stated since her checking account was a joint account it nullified the will. I am of the belief that the checking account was not a joint account but that my stepmother could sign checks on it to pay her bills for her. She would never have given my father access to her accounts. I have no idea who is the executor of the will and my dad has refused to produce it what are my options?

Thanks for the advice!!!
Scott

Dandy Don

Hire a probate attorney to open up probate so that the judge can ask whoever has the will to produce it for court. The bank account has no direct relationship to the will and does NOT nullify it, so you have been lied to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">