• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the net benefit of a trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

microfowl

What is the name of your state?FL
hello,
we have been told that if we want to get a Trust, the cost is at least $1,500. this is a lot of money to us, we would have to borrow the money from credit cards to pay for it. the man that wanted to do the trust could not or would not tell us of the advantages of getting a Trust without paying fees first.
How can we determine if the cost is worth it, meaning that over time the cost of the trust is more than paid for by saving, etc.?

we are a retired couple in FL, living on SS with a 15 year mortgage, other than our house we do not anything in the way of assets. expected lifespan about 5 more years for myself due to health issues and 10-20 for my wife.
please help.

Dandy Don

A trust would be needed if there were substantial assets. All you need is a simple will prepared with the assistance of an attorney.

S

seniorjudge

microfowl said:
What is the name of your state?FL
hello,
we have been told that if we want to get a Trust, the cost is at least $1,500. this is a lot of money to us, we would have to borrow the money from credit cards to pay for it. the man that wanted to do the trust could not or would not tell us of the advantages of getting a Trust without paying fees first.
How can we determine if the cost is worth it, meaning that over time the cost of the trust is more than paid for by saving, etc.?

we are a retired couple in FL, living on SS with a 15 year mortgage, other than our house we do not anything in the way of assets. expected lifespan about 5 more years for myself due to health issues and 10-20 for my wife.
please help.
the man that wanted to do the trust could not or would not tell us of the advantages of getting a Trust without paying fees first.

Warn your friends and neighbors about this scam artist....

BlondiePB

Also, report the scam artist to the Dept. Of Elder Affairs as the state is very interested in those that exploit elders.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">