• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new wife new will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimi712

my father remarried 5 months after my mother died--he has now been married to this women for 10 months--he recently told me they are going to have wills made that will divide everything between my brother and i and her 3 children--he says they brought about equal amounts to the marriage---i dont think this is fair or equal---also i dont think she should be entitled to what my mom and dad worked for together---am i out of line or should i discuss this with him futher---he lives in texas

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mimi712:
my father remarried 5 months after my mother died--he has now been married to this women for 10 months--he recently told me they are going to have wills made that will divide everything between my brother and i and her 3 children--he says they brought about equal amounts to the marriage---i dont think this is fair or equal---also i dont think she should be entitled to what my mom and dad worked for together---am i out of line or should i discuss this with him futher---he lives in texas<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You may not like it, but you're "out of line". Your father is spending money on his new wife as I write this; monies that are presumably from the toil and sweat of both your father and mother. So, what does it matter? Additionally, your father has the right to leave his money to whomever, and however, he sees fit.

Look, I didn't much like it that a relative of mine left half of their money to a religious organization in their Will. But, it was none of my business - - despite the fact that I was an heir to the Estate.

If you even speak to your father about this, a claim against you for "undo influence" could be brought against you and the Estate to nullify the Will contents, leaving you with virtually nothing.

So, leave it, and him, alone. It's his money and his right, and none of your business.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">