• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New wife - old will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futuresmudge

Florida resident
My husband has an existing will from before our marriage. He has not updated it since we were married. How do I stand legally in terms of his will? What problems could be encountered if he does not update it?

S

seniorjudge

futuresmudge said:
Florida resident
My husband has an existing will from before our marriage. He has not updated it since we were married. How do I stand legally in terms of his will? What problems could be encountered if he does not update it?
Y'all need to both make new wills.

S

seniorjudge

futuresmudge said:
Does that mean that the will that my husband has is not valid since we married?
I have not read the will so I couldn't tell you....

futuresmudge

will contents

The will was made before we met - it leaves everything to his two (now adult - both over age of 21) children.

nextwife

You are each free to leave your seperate, premarital assets to your respective heirs or other desired beneficiaries. It is the co-mingled/marital assets that you need to make certain are now dealt with in the will. Of course, you and he both have the option of leaving your premarital assets to each other, but it is NOT legally required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">