• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david hibbard

My father passed away as resident of Valdese North Carolina with sister as his Power of Attorney and he had a will made out in 1986 by Florida attorney. Now upon his death I learn he made out a new will excluding me as heir and with his suffering from dementia/alzheimers and not driving, I figure he was unduly influenced by sister to do this. This new will came to light upon the sale of Fla property that we co-owned. How do I get a copy of this new will and what attorney in his right mind would make out a will for someone in his shape, knowing it would risk his license to practice law? Also, is it legal for POA to make out new will ? I need help!!

BelizeBreeze

You need an estate attorney to completely review the new will. Also, the POA is null and void upon the death of your father so the attorney you hire needs to look at how the estate (and executor) is being handled.

You said in your post that the property in Florida was co-owned by you and your father. RIGHT? Then how was it sold without your signature on the deed?

Dandy Don

What is the value of the estate? Yes, it does look like undue influence here, but are you prepared to pay thousands of dollars in attorney fees to fight this case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">