• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nihonbashi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nihonbashi

What is the name of your state? Washington I have a simple will with everthing going to my husband and to my sister in the event of both of our deaths, My sister has recently passed away leaving only her husband, no children. Should my husband and I both decease at the same time and I have the same(present) will, would anything go to my former brother-in-law, or would it go to my husbands children(his second beneficiary after myself)?

Last edited:

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? Washington I have a simple will with everthing going to my husband and to my sister in the event of both of our deaths, My sister has recently passed away leaving only her husband, no children. Should my husband and I both decease at the same time and I have the same(present) will, would anything go to my former brother-in-law, or would it go to my husbands children(his second beneficiary after myself)?
Based solely on what you've written, your husband's children would be likely to inherit the estate -- your sister's spouse does not "step into" her shoes and take her place as an heir. However, you really should consider updating the will, since things have changed and you don't want there to be any question as to what your intentions really were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">