• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ vs PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fejm

Mother was deemed incompetent in NJ. Was appointed a legal guardian in NJ. Mother has resided in a PA nursing for the past 6 yrs. I want to have the guardian removed for numerous reasons and have myself appointed. Guardian presently resides over 150 miles from my mother and doesn't see her. I live only a few miles away from the nursing home and see her frequently.

Can I just go to the PA court in the county that my mother lives in or do I have to go back to NJ were the guardian was appointed. Does NJ law apply to my mother since she has not resided in that state for the past 6 years?

ALawyer

To remove her you need an order of an NJ court, or her resignation; to get a new one appointed, that's PA now. I'd ask a PA lawyer at this point as many practice in both states.

F

fejm

Does the NJ court order apply to my mother now that she is a PA resident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">