• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no new will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camps

What is the name of your state?MA
My father passed away 7 years ago. My parent had a joint will. My mother has not prepared an new will. If she should pass without a new will, does the original will stand?

S

seniorjudge

camps said:
What is the name of your state?MA
My father passed away 7 years ago. My parent had a joint will. My mother has not prepared an new will. If she should pass without a new will, does the original will stand?
It should be BUT this is an exceptionally important document, so I would make sure ma goes to a probate attorney to find out for sure.

Dandy Don

Does she have her own signed original of the will or were you planning on using her husband's will, which would not be valid to use for her estate now?

camps

She does not have the original will, I do. They had given it to me years ago. I'm not sure why she doesn't want to prepare a new will. Would it be easier for her to have one of our names (4 children) on her accounts, deed, etc. should she decide not to prepare a new will?
Ma.

S

seniorjudge

Q: Would it be easier for her to have one of our names (4 children) on her accounts, deed, etc. should she decide not to prepare a new will?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">