• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no one touch my case!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brianlrb

I posted a problem I have experienced and my reply was to seek an Arizona lawyer. I have contacted 8 Arizona lawyers and no of them will touch my case.

Do I even really have a case? Or a case that can be won?

I will spell it out again and simplify it and hopefully I can get a more detailed answer. PLEASE!!!! or a referal.

My Grandmother died in July of 1998. We were unable to find a written will. Therefore, according to Arizona law the estate would go to my bio father. My bio father is in prison and was unable to handle the probate. I was working two jobs and was upset over my Grandmother's passing. We decided to let my 2nd cousin handle the probate as the personal rep.

My bio father, my cousin and I had a three way telephone call in July and decided that my cousin and I would split the estate and my bio father only wanted some insurance policy. And I would also recieve her car, which I took possesion of in september of 1998.

During the time period of July 1998 until December of 1998 my cousin keep telling me everything was going according to plan and not to worry. So I didnt!

Well I guess that him and my father changed the agreement to: my father gets the policy, I get the car and my cousin gets everything, Which totals around $100,000.00.

I beleive this came about when my father asked me to send him some money and it took me awhile to send it and during that time he borrowed money from big bubba in prison and bubba was charging him interest on it. Needless to say he ended up in some trouble and he blamed me.

So what I can tell from the will presented to the court (that I had to get my self from the court) in a form of a letter written to my cousin from my father stating that I would be split that way because I screwed him.

I was never informed of this change! I was never mail any type of documentation stating that the probated closed. I never recieved anything. I was keep in the dark the whole time up until now when I called the lawyer who handled the probate and asked what was going on and then requested the probate documents from the court.

If I was informed of what was going on I would have protested the whole thing!

Since my father waived his right to the estate would I have not been the next of kin regardless of his new family agreement?

Since my cousin neglected to send me documentation is he not liable to me?

Is not the original phone agreement between my cousin, father and I still a legal binding contract between us?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

A

advisor10

You Got A Raw Deal

11-15-2000

DEAR BRIAN:

Go look at the posting you made called RAW DEAL and you will see that someone did respond to your situation.

Go read the response I sent you. If you know the city/state where your relative died, you need to contact the county courthouse for that city to order a copy of the probate file (copy of the last will & testament plus other important documents).

Your case is strong enough that you really do need to talk with an Arizona estate/probate attorney to find out what your options are. If you were named as a beneficiary in the will, then you were supposed to be legally contacted. Something looks suspicious about the way things were handled, but you can't jump to conclusions until you see the probate file. If you can't go to Arizona to view the file, then have the copies mailed to you.

[email protected]

ALawyer

I tried to help before too.

No Arizona lawyer would handle something like this on a contingency fee basis. But if you go to an experienced probate lawyer and bring in the file and pay for a few hours of time, you will have an answer that you can rely on.

You may not get an answer you are happy with, but you'll get a clean answer and can then decide what you want to do.

You would have had no rights to grandma's money unless your father disclaimed and then it would go to you, but if instead of disclaiming he assigned his rights to your cousin, the show is probably over. One other problem is that the money may be gone.

B

brianlrb

Re: You Got A Raw Deal

I have called 8 lawyers in the city and around the city where the probate was handled and no one will touch the case.

advisor said:
11-15-2000

DEAR BRIAN:

Go look at the posting you made called RAW DEAL and you will see that someone did respond to your situation.

Go read the response I sent you. If you know the city/state where your relative died, you need to contact the county courthouse for that city to order a copy of the probate file (copy of the last will & testament plus other important documents).

Your case is strong enough that you really do need to talk with an Arizona estate/probate attorney to find out what your options are. If you were named as a beneficiary in the will, then you were supposed to be legally contacted. Something looks suspicious about the way things were handled, but you can't jump to conclusions until you see the probate file. If you can't go to Arizona to view the file, then have the copies mailed to you.

[email protected]

C

CitrusSunshine

Possible straw to investigate your rights

You did not state what your bio father was in prison for - if he is a felony - he loses his rights to any money (normally). He may not have had the right to assign his interest in his mother's your grandmother's estate. If you do not have funds to hire an attorney - go to the legal aid assistance in your county. Also I would go to the attorney general's office to file an inquiry as to your father's rights or lack of rights in assigning or accepting any type of funds from any source. Good luck.

Post Script - consider offering a Probate attorney 1/3 or more of the money involved. Most likely if you find a new "hungry" attorney they will negoitate to handle the case, but it will take many many calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">