• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hlizzieh12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I wanted to know my sibblings and I are entitled to our deceased mother's personal properties. She left the estate as joint tenant to our stepdad, but in her last days, she asked us to remove him from the house deed. Though that was now impossible. When she was still able to think, we asked her to do a will and she got very offended. She died in April '08 leaving nothing in writting for us, her children. After her death, we went to her then house and tried to get some of her personal properties and he did not allow it because he already had a girlfriend in mind to give them to. Much furniture in the house was bought from our dad, when he was still living. My question is.. are us, her children entitled to retrieve all her belongings? She had many beautiful things around the house that she was fond of and right now he has many prostitudes and strange people walking in and out of the house. The house is close to by and we pass the house when going shopping and it breaks my heart that this man is so hearless to immediatly start playing around with women. Please tell me if we are legally entitled to take our mother's personal things and all the things our dad had bought. China hutch, dressers, tools, ladders ect.:(:(

anteater

Please tell me if we are legally entitled to take our mother's personal things and all the things our dad had bought. China hutch, dressers, tools, ladders ect
No, you are not.

In theory, you and your siblings are probably entitled to some portion of the personal property. The reality is: How much time and money are you willing to put into trying to obtain that property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">