• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will, but

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

excalibur

A person dies leaving no Will, none has been found anyway. The person had executed a living trust for a house but it was never quitclaimed into the trust. (Stupid, yes).

The deceased left no surviving spouse, never had children, no surviving brothers or sisters. Parents long deceased.

Question: In the absence of a Will, can or will the court accept the notarized living trust as the deceased's last wishes? I have seen and heard of writings other then a Will accepted. Is this the same?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

excalibur said:
If it makes a difference, New York.

===================================

My response:

Of course it "makes a difference". Laws are different in each State, and Trusts are administered differently in each State.

So, please, from now on, when you start a new post, always include your State name.

Thanks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">