• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no will, no trust, no cash money......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alisson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

My husband passed away 15 days ago. He had 2 children before (they want to start the provate, they want their money). He was building a house (where i live with my own kids) for 2 years with the money from his old house. We had one year of marriage, living together almost 3.
The house is not finished, because of his cancer we had to move. We were living in a 5 wheel for more than 2 years in the same property, next to the house.
He also had a truck ( still paying) a car he bought for my use. I live 12 miles to the next town, the school is there. My sister in law talked to an attorney and said i cant touch the car( she wants to be the administrator, I cant be because I'm not yet a legal resident and dont have the bonds). I live only with my 2 kids up on the mountains, I cant work, Im in the process of getting my social security and work permit. How do I suppose to live?. He didnt leave any cash money. For now Im living with the charity of some friends and the church. I cant get the life insurance because I dont have the social security.
My husband built this house for us ( He, my kids and I) to live in. Is there any way to prove that he built that house for us**************.I have pictures of him writing his name and my name in the concrete of the garage, and putting the american flag and my country flag on top of the house...... and many friends knew that the house was biulding for us......

They let me stay at the house because I dont have any relatives here. They agree not to ask me to pay rent ( to pay a rent in my own home)

My husband had everything in his name.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry for your loss...

With that said, you should move back to your home country. You are currently here illegally (ie: breaking the law). I, for one, do not think it would be appropriate to advise you how to continue this.

Dandy Don

Who was it that told you you couldn't get the life insurance money because you didn't have a Social Security Number--was that the life insurance company or a person? That is not true. How much money is the life insurance worth?

You have rights as a surviving spouse but I don't think the family is going to tell you what they are. Talk to someone at your church and ask them to help you set up an appointment with a probate attorney who can answer your questions and help guide you through the process.

What is the reason that you are not able to work in a regular job? Will you be getting Social Security Disability benefits?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

alisson

Thanks Zigner for your advice......
I came as a turist so i got into USA legally...I stayed because of my husband... Im in the process to get my residence....I hope......

Dandy Don.... I had an appointment with a lawyer and she said I will get the third part of everything, it doenst matter if Im not legal..... Im the spouse and I have rights......

The life insurance is about 25 K and his 401K is about 35K or more. I filled the papers and they are only waiting for the ss #..... ... about the social security the company said i need a ss number or an itin number.... It will take time, almost 3 months to get that money**************.. I wish he was here....without money but with him......

Probably I will have to move to my country...... Rights are different there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">